
All my life I have been in love with performing! Singing, dancing, acting, you name it I wanted to do it! So after my 15 minutes of fame in high school Theater, reality set in, and I began to think about chasing my dream beyond the stage of Huntsville High, and out onto the stage of The World! So after graduation I set out with a plan, one year dedicated to following my dreams. Then it would be off to college with no regrets or "what ifs" in my mind.
However, God had a different idea for how this year of my life would turn out, and as always His way is the best way! I discovered that, while i still love music and performing, it is not what I want to make a life out of. This year I have learned so much about what I want for myself and my future, and what God wants!
So this year I got pursuing a career in music out of my system, for now;), and I am SO excited to be attending the University of Alabama this fall, with a major in Broadcast Journalism, and a new dream of replacing Erin Andrews on ESPN:) In the meantime God used this year to better my relationship with Him and with my family! I have started to discover the kind of life I want to have, and what is really important to me. I want to go to college and have "the experience of a lifetime!" I want a life that revolves around family and the Lord! I want a home with lots of children, I want to be there for every Holiday gathering with my family, I want to be an aunt to all of my wonderful siblings children, and a million more simple life blessings! I realized that the life of an artist, whether starving or successful, has to give up some of those things. I am not willing to give those desires up because our time here is short, and we have to make the most out of the things we want. So we live and we learn, one day at a time!
So after reading this I seriously almost started crying, I love you so much and I'm so glad everything has worked out!!!
ReplyDeleteAww Susie THANK YOU!! I love you you are so sweet I dont know what I would do without a friend like you!!
ReplyDeleteHere is the thing, Victoria. Going to college can give you so many more opportunities to pursue your dreams than you realize. Choosing to go to college can just help launch you into becoming everything you ever wanted to be! If I hadn't gone to Lee, I probably would've never become as involved in music, and would've never moved to Nashville. You can do and be everything you want to be! Pursue music AND broadcast journalism. I majored in Communications in college, and sang the whole time with the Lee Singers.
ReplyDeleteI believe in you! You remind me a lot of myself at your age. :) Love you, miss you, and hope to see you soon!